Alwan is a non-formal education program that aims to foster the concept of inclusive and active citizenship; it is inclusive of the Lebanese religious diversity and active through experiencing and living together by implementing inter-club community service’s projects. The program is working in private and public high schools, with the collaboration of the ministry of education and higher education; It is over 2 years (In Grades 10 & 11) and cover 60 hours of community service. Each school’s club includes 15 to 20 members directed by a trained educator. Youth are encouraged to play their active positive role in social change.
Create Your Club
Why Adyan Club
- Building the youth knowledge and understanding of religious diversity, the Lebanese recent history, social and individual identity mechanism.
- Strengthening the youth’s critical thinking towards religious pluralism, history and memory, prejudice and generalization.
- Promoting inter-communal understanding and networking through meetings, educational trips, joint action and through social media channels.
- Fostering the sense of national belonging and citizenship responsibility among the students through community service projects.
- Building the youth capacities and competences to act as a positive drive for social change in their communities.